How to use electronic payments
In addition to trains and buses, PASMO PASSPORT can be used for electronic payments.
Shopping is easier without having to count out coins.
Look for this symbol
This symbol can be found at stores, at vending machines, parking lots, and on coin-operated lockers where PASMO can be used for payment.
* Note that some products cannot be purchased with electronic payments. For details, ask store staff.
Using the card at convenience stores, etc.
- Tell the staff that you wish to pay using your PASMO PASSPORT.
- Check the amount and touch your PASMO PASSPORT to the card reader.
- When you hear a beep, the payment is complete. Check your remaining balance on the screen.
* Note that electronic payments cannot be combined with cash at some locations. Ask at the applicable shop for further details.
Using the card at vending machines
- Press the button of the item you wish to purchase.
- Check the amount and touch your PASMO PASSPORT to the card reader. The card can be used without taking it out of your pass case.
* Note that payment cannot be combined with cash.
Using the card for taxis
- Tell the driver you wish to pay using your PASMO PASSPORT.
- Check the amount shown on the meter and touch your PASMO PASSPORT to the card reader.
- When you hear a beep, the payment is complete. Check your receipt after paying.
The card can also be used at these kinds of places:
- Things to Keep in Mind
PiTaPa is not supported on the electronic payment system.